This wikiHow teaches you how to tag a friend on Facebook by their first name and drop their last name from the tag.
Edit10 Second Summary
1. Open Facebook on your browser.
2. Click Home.
3. Click on What’s on your mind?
4. Type @.
5. Type your friend’s name.
6. Click on your friend’s name.
7. Click at the end of your tag.
8. Press Backspace or delete on your keyboard.
- Open Facebook on your internet browser. You can use a browser of your choice.
- If you’re not automatically logged into Facebook on your browser, enter your email address or phone number and your password to log in.
- Click . This button is located on the top navigation bar towards the upper-right corner of your browser window. It will open your News Feed.
- Click on This is the text field at the top of your News Feed under Create a Post.
- Type in the sign. You can manually tag a friend in a post by typing their name after the @ sign.
- Type your friend’s name after the @ sign. You will see a drop-down list of names as you type.
- Select your friend from the menu. It will tag your friend in your post. You will still see their full name.
- Click at the end of the tag you just added. You will now see your cursor at the end of your friend’s name.
- Press the or button on your keyboard. It will delete your friend’s last name from the tag.
- Click . This button is in the lower-right corner of the Create a Post dialogue box. It will post your tag and/or message on your Timeline.
- The Tag Friends button does not allow you to delete your friend’s last name. You have to manually enter a tag if you don’t want to show the last name.