Do you like to stay up to date with the latest news? Google News is a great platform to keep you updated on what’s happening around the world.
- Go to Google News. Visit news.google.com/ in your browser. In Google search results, click on the News from the top side.
- Select a section. You can choose Headlines, Local News, or location-based news for you from the top side of the page. Click on each headline to read what’s new in that section.
- Select a topic. Select your favourite topic from the left side. For example, you can pick Top Stories, Technology, Business, Entertainment, Sports, Science, or Health.
- Share news. Click on the share button, near the headline, and choose a social media platform to share or copy the link from the pop-up screen.
EditEditing Your Sections List
- Go to Section Settings. Click on Manage sections from the bottom of the SECTIONS list. Or directly go to news.google.com/news/settings/sections
- Add new section. Type any topics you’re interested in. For example, you could type football, Twitter, or music. Also add a title (optional).
- Save your settings. Click on the ADD SECTION to finish.
- Remove or edit your sections. Scroll to “Section” and click Hide to remove a section. You can also drag to reorder the sections.
EditChanging General Settings
- Open the General settings. Click on the gear icon from the corner and select General from the drop-down list.
- Disable automatic reload if desired. Un-check Automatically refresh news to disable automatic reload of the page.
- Edit the Sports Scores section if you want to. You can disable/enable sports scores from there. Also, you can select different leagues/sports from there.
EditAdding Your Interests
- Go to ‘Your Interests’. Click on the gear icon and select Your interests from the drop-down list.
- Add your interests. Enter them one by one in the box.
- Done. You can see stories about your interests in the For You section.
- Click on the gear icon and select ‘Local sections’ from the drop-down list.
- Add new locations. Enter the city, town or zip code in the box.
- Click on the ADD LOCATION button to add your locations. You can reorder or delete your current locations from there.
EditGetting an RSS Feed Link
- Select a topic. Click on your favourite topic from the left side. For example, you could select sports, business, science, or technology.
- Scroll down to the bottom. Find RSS from the bottom and copy the link address. Done!
- You can manage your interests and locations to get more stories on your favourite topics.
- The “Fact Check” label tells you whether claims related to your search query are true or false according to the publisher’s fact check.
- Google News doesn’t fact-check; it simply serves as a repository for several original publishers which do the fact-checking.
EditSources and Citations