Dry moringa leaves or seeds are a delicious part to any meal. This article will tell you how to dry them.
EditDrying the leaves
- Cut a bunch of leaves off a tree about long. Alternatively you can buy some.
- Wash the leaves and clear off any dead or infected parts.
- Get out some string and tie the ends of the leaves together.
- Hang the leaves upside-down in an enclosed place like a porch.
- Place a sheet or similar object underneath to catch any oil that might stain the ground.
- Leave the leaves for about a month or until they will snap off quite easily at touch.
- Store the leaves in a plastic container.
EditDrying the seeds
- Gather a cup full of Moringa seeds.
- Get out a frying-pan.
- Place two tablespoons of oil in it.
- Turn on the stove until most of the oil dissolves.
- Wash the seeds.
- Place them in the pan on a low to medium heat.
- After a while they will start to pop.
- Let the seeds cool.
- These seeds once cooked are edible just like popcorn. Add flavour to them with salt.
- Be careful when the seeds are cooking as it is possible that they may jump up.