Believe it or not, there are healthy, natural ways to make yourself look and feel younger without chemical procedures or enhancements. You can appear younger by using natural skin treatments and taking supplements packed with vitamins. You can also adopt a healthy diet and lifestyle so you nourish your body from the inside out. With a few adjustments to your daily habits, you can look younger in an organic, holistic way.
EditUsing Natural Skin Treatments
- Wash your body with a natural cleanser to keep your skin healthy. A natural cleanser made with honey, olive oil, yogurt, and ground oats are all great ways to clean your body and improve the look of your skin. These cleansers can be applied 1-2 times a day to your face and body to remove dirt, oil, and dead skin naturally. They are a great option if you’d like to avoid using harsh chemicals or dyes on your skin, which can cause premature aging.
- Try using honey and a bit of milk to wash your face or body 1-2 times a day.
- You can also create a natural cleanser by combining ground oats with water, milk, and lemon juice.
- Exfoliate with a natural scrub to prevent wrinkles, dark spots, and blemishes. Use natural ingredients like sugar, salt, honey, and coffee grounds to exfoliate your skin at least 1-2 times a week. Exfoliate your skin after you wash it, especially if it starts to look dull or blotchy.
- Apply the scrub with clean fingers and gently rub it against your skin in circular motions for 30-60 seconds. Then, rinse it off with warm water and pat your skin dry with a towel to reveal clean, younger looking skin.
- Soak in an herbal bath to release toxins. Soak in a warm bath with herbs like sage, rosemary, peppermint, chamomile, and green tea. A warm bath with ground oatmeal, baking powder, coconut milk, and olive oil is also a great option for keeping your skin looking beautiful and young.
- Make sure the water is lukewarm, as water that is too hot can dry out your skin.
- Soak in the bath for no longer than 20 minutes, as soaking for too long can irritate your skin.
- Apply a natural moisturizer so your skin stays hydrated. Natural oils are a great option for moisturizing your skin without the use of harsh chemicals or dyes. Use organic, pure coconut oil or olive oil to moisturize your face at least once a day after washing and exfoliating it.
- You can also make a moisturizer with shea butter, beeswax, and vitamin E oil to reduce the appearance of aging on your skin.
- Use a natural face or body mask to maintain your skin. Face and body masks made of natural ingredients are great for keeping your skin supple and young looking. Go for a mask made with egg whites or fruits like strawberries, grapefruit, and avocado. Cucumber, pumpkin, and papaya can also be used to make a natural mask for your face or body.
- Natural ingredients like honey, brown sugar, yogurt, and olive oil are also great in face and body masks.
- Have vitamin D supplements for younger looking skin. Vitamin D is great for keeping your skin looking young and healthy. Go for vitamin D3 supplements, as they will be effective when taken orally. Getting vitamin D through supplements and your diet will ensure your skin stays healthy without having to spend too much time in the sun.
- Take fish oil supplements to boost your mood and appearance. Fish oil supplements contain omega-3 fatty acids, which can help to keep your skin looking bright and fresh and keep your mood up. Look for fish oil supplements that have a 7 to 1 EPA to DHA ratio, as this will ensure they are effective.
- If you prefer a supplement with no animal products, go for algae supplements instead so you can still reap the benefits of DHA.
- Have biotin supplements for healthy looking hair and nails. Biotin supplements contain B complex vitamins, which help to promote the growth of your hair and nails. Take this supplement once a day to keep your hair and nails looking healthy and strong.
- Confirm the supplements are safe before taking them. Read the ingredients list to ensure the supplements contain mostly, or only, the vitamin or mineral. Check that the supplement is produced by a supplier that has clear contact information and good reviews online. Look for a certification from a third party testing service on the label, as this indicates the supplement has been vetted.
- Check for a US Pharmacopeia (USP) and NSF International seal on the label.
- Only buy supplements from a local health food store or online from a reputable site. Talk to your doctor about the supplements before you take them to ensure they are safe.
EditAdopting a Healthy Diet and Lifestyle
- Drink at least 6-8 glasses of water a day. Dehydration can cause your skin to become dry and reduce your energy levels. Keep a water bottle handy so you can sip water throughout the day. Have water with your meals and after you workout to stay hydrated.
- Add sliced fresh fruit like lemons, limes, or cucumbers to your water to give it some natural flavor. Lemons and limes in your water can also add citrus to your diet, which is high in vitamins and can improve the look of your skin.
- Eat foods high in vitamin C, E, and beta-carotene to keep your skin healthy. Having foods high in these vitamins will also ensure you have enough energy for your day. Go for foods high in vitamin C like bell peppers, broccoli, strawberries, guava, and citrus fruits. Opt for foods high in vitamin E like avocado, nuts, seeds, and wheat germs. Have foods high in beta-carotene like carrots, pumpkin, Swiss chard, spinach, and kale.
- Integrate these foods into your meals and snacks. Try to have a high amount of these foods every day, as they provide vitamins that will boost the appearance of your skin.
- Exercise at least 3-4 times a week. Staying active and fit is a great way to look younger naturally. Try working out several times a week at home or at a local gym. Take a fitness class several times a week to stay active. Run, walk, or bike to work so you can squeeze some physical activity into your day.
- Start by going for a 30 minute walk on your lunch break to squeeze in some exercise. You can also do a basic home workout 2-3 times a week to kickstart your exercise plan or commit to working with a trainer at the gym to get fit.
- Reduce your stress levels with yoga or deep breathing. High stress levels can cause you to age prematurely and lead to health issues. Reduce stress by doing yoga at home or at a local yoga studio several times a week. Perform deep breathing exercises at home or at work to stay calm.
- Wear sunscreen when you go outside. Sun exposure can cause sunspots, wrinkles, and skin damage. Try not to be in the sun for longer than 1 hour at a time and always wear sunscreen with SPF 15 or higher before you go outside.
- Get at least 8 hours of sleep a night. A lack of sleep can cause you to develop bags under your eyes and have low energy. Stay young by getting your beauty rest, making sure you have at least 8 hours of quality sleep a night. Try going to sleep and waking up at the same time every day so your body follows a natural sleep cycle. Make your bedroom cool, comfortable, and dark so it is easier for you to fall asleep.