Add a creative twist to your breakfast by making rainbow waffles, which are pretty simple and quick to make. These waffles are also great for St. Patrick’s Day or for a child’s birthday.
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Gel food colouring (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple.)
- Turn on a waffle iron and spray cooking spray over it.
- Crack the eggs and beat until well-combined.
- Add the vanilla, salt, flour, milk, vegetable oil, sugar, and baking powder. Mix it in with the eggs. Continue mixing until the consistency is smooth and lump-free.
- Add the gel food colouring. Distribute the mixture into bowl in 6 equal portions. Squirt about a teaspoon gel food colouring into each batter, stirring, making each one a bright color. Scoop each batter into a pipping bag and snip off the tip.
- Make the waffles. In a heated waffle iron, squeeze the batter out in circles in the waffle iron beginning with red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple. After each colour go inwards to create the waffle. Cook the waffles depending on the directions for the waffle iron.
- Serve the waffles. Using a knife or a pair of scissors, cut the waffles in half to make it resemble a rainbow, if desired. Place the waffle on a plate and spread whipped cream below the waffle to resemble ‘clouds’.
- You can also make one waffle a different colour of the rainbow for example making one red, orange, yellow, etc stack them on each other and use whipped cream between each waffle.
- You can also use store-bought waffle mix and add gel food colouring.
- Drizzle chocolate syrup or maple syrup over the pancakes for added sweetness.
EditThings You’ll Need
- Piping bags
- Waffle iron
- Knife or scissors
- Make Rainbow Pancakes
- Make Waffles
- Make Chocolate Brownie Waffles
- Make Pumpkin Waffles
- Make Gingerbread Waffles
- Make Churro Waffles
- Make Cookie Dough Waffles
- Make Buttery Waffles
- Cook Frozen Waffles
- Make French Toast Waffles