This wikiHow teaches you how to change your Skype display name, which is the name people see when you appear in their contacts. You can change your Skype display name on the Skype website and on the mobile version of Skype, but you cannot change your Skype display name in the Skype program for Windows and Mac computers. You also can’t change your Skype username without creating a new account.
EditOn the Skype Website
- Open the Skype website. Go to https://www.skype.com/ in your browser. If you’re already signed into Skype, you’ll see your username in the top-right corner of the page.
- If you aren’t already signed in, click Sign in in the top-right corner and enter your email address and password.
- Click your name. It’s in the top-right corner of the page. Doing so prompts a drop-down menu.
- If you had to sign into Skype, skip this step and the next step.
- Click . This option is near the top of the drop-down menu.
- Scroll down and click . It’s in the blue column that’s on the left side of the page. This will open your profile page.
- Click . This button is in the upper-right side of the Profile page.
- Edit your name. Type a new first and/or last name into the appropriately labeled text field(s) near the top of the “Personal information” area.
- Click . It’s a green button in the top-right corner of the page. Doing so will save your name and apply it to your Skype account; the next time you open Skype while connected to the Internet, you should see your new name.
- Open Skype. Tap the Skype app icon, which resembles a white “S” on a blue background. This will open the main Skype page if you’re logged in.
- If you aren’t logged into your Skype profile, enter your email address (or username, or phone number) and password before proceeding.
- Tap your profile image. It’s a circular image at the top of the screen. Doing so opens your profile menu.
- Tap the “Edit” icon next to your name. You should see this pencil-shaped icon near the top of the screen.
- On Android, you’ll need to first press the gear icon .
- Change your name. Using the on-screen keyboard, modify your name as needed.
- Tap . It’s to the right of your name. This will save your changes and apply them to your Skype display name on all platforms, including desktop.
- You can rename contacts on desktop by clicking their profile image and then entering a new name for them.
- If your contacts have changed your name in their address books, your name change won’t affect the name that they see for you.
- Install Skype
- Set up and Use Skype
- Delete a Skype Account
- Invite Someone on Skype
- Set up a Skype Account
- Add Another Email Address on Skype
- Change Your Name in Iowa
- Change Your Name in Missouri
- Change Your Name in Louisiana
- Remove Old Mood Messages on Skype