According to Vedic astrology, your “rashi” is your moon sign, or the name of the zodiac position of the moon when you were born. To calculate yours, enter your date, time, and place of birth or your first name into an online calculator. If you believe in astrology, or are just curious about your sign, check your monthly or daily rashi prediction to get a glimpse into your personality, relationships, and even your future.
EditCalculating Your Rashi
- Use an online calculator to determine your rashi. Although finding your sun sign is fairly simple, finding your moon sign can be a pretty complicated process. While the sun sign changes every month or so, the moon sign rashi changes every 2.5 days. Use an online calculator to do the calculations for you, or go to a Vedic astrology expert to find your rashi.
- For an online birth information calculator, try https://www.drikpanchang.com/utilities/horoscope/hindu-moonsign-calculator.html or http://www.astrosage.com/moonSign.asp.
- For an online name zodiac calculator, try http://www.astrosage.com/calculators/naamrashi.asp.
- Enter your date, time, and place of birth into the calculator. Vedic astrology uses fixed zodiacs based on the actual constellations, so it’s important to know the exact details of your birth to ensure accuracy. If you have a birth certificate, check it before entering your information into the online calculator.
- The exact time, date, and place allows Vedic astrological predictions to be much more detailed and personalized, while Western predictions are general and made to address anyone who was born in that month.
- Your birth-influenced rashi is considered to govern major parts of your life, such as marriage, journey, and important work.
- Enter your first name if you don’t know your date or time of birth. To find your zodiac, you can also use the first few letters or characters in your name. Enter the characters and specify how they’re pronounced in order to find the most accurate sign.
- It’s best to only use this method if you don’t know information about your birth. If you calculate rashis for both your birth information and your name, you may end up with 2 conflicting zodiacs.
- Generally, a name-calculated rashi will be more connected to predictions for your career, home, and daily routine work.
- Familiarize yourself with the Zodiac and the 12 rashis. Vedic astrologists describe the Zodiac as a 360-degree imaginary circular band in the cosmos, divided into 12 rashis. Your moon sign depends on which part of that circle, or rashi, the moon was in when you were born. In order to understand your moon sign, look over the list of rashis and familiarize yourself with their meaning.
- The 12 rashis, with their English and Indian names, include Aries (Mesha), Taurus (Vrishabha), Gemini (Mithun), Cancer (Karka), Leo (Simha/Sinh), Virgo (Kanya), Libra (Tula), Scorpio (Vruschika), Sagittarius (Dhanu), Capricorn (Makar), Aquarius (Kumbha), and Pisces (Meena).
EditReading and Referring to Your Rashi
- Learn more about your unique personality traits through your rashi. Your moon sign can tell you a lot about yourself, from your likes and dislikes to your deep inner struggles. Check your monthly or daily rashi predictions from a credible, trusted astrologer, whether online or in person, to learn more about yourself and explore your personality.
- For example, those with Leo rashis tend to be better leaders than followers because they’re bold, enthusiastic, and driven.
- Those with a Gemini rashi tend to be creative, positive, and quick-witted, but they tend to have a difficult time balancing mood swings and making decisions.
- Check your zodiac compatibility with the people around you. Learning about your rashi and the rashis of your family, coworkers, friends, and significant others can help you understand your relationships better. If you and your significant other tend to clash in a certain area, check your monthly rashi prediction and look for conflict or compatibility issues.
- You can also take a test online to see which signs you’re naturally most compatible with. Surround yourself with people whose rashis complement yours!
- Research which career is most compatible with your rashi. Your moon sign indicates unique strengths and weaknesses, which qualify you for a unique set of jobs. Astrologers use these qualities to put together lists of recommended jobs for each rashi. Look through these jobs and note whether or not you identify with the different qualities to help you find a career that suits you best.
- For example, those with the Aries (Mesha) rashi are likely to succeed in government jobs, military service, firefighting, sports, manufacturing, and agriculture.
- A Virgo (Kanya) rashi, on the other hand, indicates strengths in auditing, accounting, business, teaching, writing, and retail.
- You can find a complete list at http://astroveda.wikidot.com/career-by-rashi.
- Keep in mind that these career paths are not set in stone. Draw inspiration from them, but don’t feel like you have to follow them.
- Consult your rashi before you make a major life decision. Vedic astrologers believe that rashis can help you catch a glimpse of the future. For example, your rashi could indicate if it’s the best time to start a successful business, buy a property, or get married. This is a great way to have a little extra assurance before making a big decision.
- For example, if you’re about to purchase your first home and you want to make sure that the stars are aligned, check your monthly or daily rashi prediction from a trusted Vedic astrologer.
- Remember that astrology can be enlightening and interesting to explore, but don’t let it control your life or dictate all of your choices! Use your zodiac as a reference or a source of inspiration, rather than a guidebook.
- Before you start following an astrologer or an astrology website, make sure they’re credible. Ask your friends and family if they know a good astrologer, or check out a trusted website and make sure that it’s not trying to sell you anything.